Everyone says ‘G’day’ with a smile and a nod as you walk down the wide streets of Biloela. It’s friendly, warm and welcoming. Buildings wear the tell-tale signs of progress through the decades. Eclipsing other towns as a regional centre, Biloela had some help along the way.
Just a village in the early 1920s, the State Government set up a display farm close by, hoping the growing populous would develop the town. It did.
However, the post WWII years were the kindest of all, Biloela becoming home to an ever widening, multi-cultural community, servicing big business, government and industry bodies, cooperatives and small business as well as the rural and mining sectors that surround it.
Watch the destination video
Time: 1 minute
what do the locals say about biloela
Gateway to country wonderment
Today, Biloela is a busy commercial and tourist hub, though it still retains that relaxed, country feeling.
Along with Queensland Heritage Park, a Regional Art Gallery, the Spirit of the Land Mural and the Heritage Listed Greycliffe Homestead, the town stages an impressive annual program of festivals and events.
Like a compass, all roads lead from Biloela, reaching into the country side and out across the region, taking you to all the places you want to see. However, close to home, you’ll find fabulous things to see and do.
See and Do
- Thangool Racecourse – 12 km south on the Burnett Hwy
- Mount Scoria the Musical Mountain – 16 km (17 mins) via Burnett Hwy
- Callide Dam – 12 km (10 mins) excellent for boating, fishing and swimming
- Callide Power Station is located at Callide Dam
- Callide Mine Lookout – 18 km (15 mins) north east passed the dam takes in views of Biloela, the mine and dam
- Kroombit Tops National Park – 25 km (20 mins) to the turn off on Valentine Plains Rd
Where can I go fishing in Biloela?
Lake Callide is one of the Shire’s top fishing spots
Can I camp in Biloela?
Queensland Heritage Park on Exhibition Ave, offers 48-hour, affordable powered and unpowered camp sites. Pets on application.
You will also find a great range of well priced hotel/motel and commercial caravan park options.
To find accommodation in Banana Shire, visit HotelsCombined
Other camping options in the Banana Shire.
- Callide Dam
- Thangool Racecourse
- Mount Scoria – musical mountain
- Kroombit Tops National Park
- Rotary Car, Ute and Bike Show
- Lake Callide Family Fishing Classic
- Callide Valley Agricultural Show
- The Old Wheels in Motion Rally
- Brigalow Arts Festival
- Biloela Markets in the Park
- Biloela Auto Fest