PLEASE NOTE: TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF GLEBE WEIR CAMPSITE 14 MAY TO 26 JUNE, 2021
The Glebe Weir campsite will be closed from 14 May to 26 June 2021, due to major facility renovations.
A new public amenities block, waste water treatment systems, disability compliant toilets and showers are being installed to service all users.
Nearby alternatives, suitable for self-reliant campers, include: Lake Murphy Conservation Park (GPS -25.486839, 149.660339), Ken’s Camp (GPS -25.68242, 149.80330), Isla Gorge (GPS -25.199700, 149.976436) and Chain Lagoons (GPS -25.518969, 149.776823).
Taroom Caravan Park on the banks of the Dawson River in Taroom also offers 40 powered and 40 unpowered camping sites for caravans, campers and motorhomes (GPS -25.637956, 149.789860).
Glebe Weir offers affordable camping near Taroom, in the Banana Shire.
Located on the Dawson River off the Leichhardt Highway, the camping area is grassy and slopes gently towards the water’s edge. Spacious and level and mainly grass with plenty of shady and sunny spots.
Location: 2525 Glebe Weir Road, Spring Creek. (GPS -25.462995, 150.034879)
Sites: 24 (4 powered, 20 unpowered)
- $10.00 per night
- No bookings required (there are envelopes supplied to place your booking money and details into, before placing in the secure locked box for payment)
- Toilets: Yes
- Showers: No
- Pets: Pet friendly
- Water availability: Non-potable water available
- Campfires: Fires allowed in built fire places. Check local fire bans and rules
- Barbeques: Yes, wood fired
- Picnic tables: Yes
- Swimming: Yes
- Fishing: Yes, boat ramp
- Horse riding: Yes
- Canoeing/Kayaking/Boating/Skiing: Yes