The Glebe Weir camping area has recently undergone a major upgrade, with a new disability-compliant amenities block with toilets and showers opened early July 2021.
Glebe Weir offers affordable camping near Taroom, in the Banana Shire.
Located on the Dawson River off the Leichhardt Highway, the camping area is grassy and slopes gently towards the water’s edge. Spacious and level and mainly grass with plenty of shady and sunny spots.
Location: 2525 Glebe Weir Road, Spring Creek. (GPS -25.462995, 150.034879)
Sites: 24 (4 powered, 20 unpowered)
- $10.00 per night
- No bookings required (there are envelopes supplied to place your booking money and details into, before placing in the secure locked box for payment)
- Toilets: Yes
- Showers: Yes (from 2 July 2021 onwards)
- Pets: Pet friendly
- Water availability: Non-potable water available
- Campfires: Fires allowed in built fire places. Check local fire bans and rules
- Barbeques: Yes, wood fired
- Picnic tables: Yes
- Swimming: Yes
- Fishing: Yes, boat ramp
- Horse riding: Yes
- Canoeing/Kayaking/Boating/Skiing: Yes