The Sandstone Wonders region has a plethora of walkways and bike paths for all abilities. Weather your looking for a nice stroll around the park or a heart-pumping run around the outskirts of town, we have you covered.
Below are some maps of the footpaths within four of our main tourist hubs. Take one of the suggested walks or choose your own path, it’s up to you. Download them so you can take them with you or pop into one of our Visitor information Centres and pick up a hard copy.
• Wear comfortable shoes and light clothing
• Wear a broad-brimmed hat and 30+ sunscreen
• Avoid walking in the hottest part of the day, if possible
• Take some water with you
• Walk within your limits – keep up a moderate pace but slow down if you feel breathless or distressed
• If walking at night stick to a route that has adequate lighting and where you feel safe