Isla Gorge National Park offers affordable camping near Theodore, in the Banana Shire.
A small but spectacular campsite right on the edge of the cliffs of Isla Gorge. The ground is very rough but some spots are suitable for tent pegs.
Location: Leichhardt Highway, Isla. (GPS -25.199700, 149.976436)
Sites: 10 unmarked campsites
- $6.35 per person per night (subject to annual changes)
- $25.40 for a family (2 adults and up to 6 kids), children under 5 free.
- $3.50 per person for students and accompanying adults on education excursions
- Bookings: Online via www.qld.gov.au/camping
- Toilets: Long-drop or composting – campers are advised penalties apply for dumping hard rubbish in the toilet pits
- Pets: Not permitted
- Water availability: Non-potable water may be available
- Campfires: Designated fire rings within campsites. Check local fire restrictions and rules. Please bring your own firewood.
- Barbeques: No
- Picnic tables: Yes
- Swimming: No
- Fishing: No
- Horse riding: No
- Canoeing/Kayaking: No
- More Information www.qld.gov.au/camping