Isla Gorge National Park offers affordable camping near Theodore, in the Banana Shire.
A small but spectacular campsite right on the edge of the cliffs of Isla Gorge. The ground is very rough but some spots are suitable for tent pegs.
Location: Leichhardt Highway, Isla. (GPS -25.199700, 149.976436)
Sites: 10 unmarked campsites
- Yes: $6.65/person per night, or $26.60/family per night.
Family rate applies to a maximum of 8 people in total. Children under 5 are free of charge.
- Bookings: Online via www.qld.gov.au/camping
Isla Gorge Picnic Shelter
- Toilets: Long-drop or composting – campers are advised penalties apply for dumping hard rubbish in the toilet pits
- Pets: Prohibited
- Water availability: Non-potable water may be available
- Campfires: Designated fire rings within campsites. Check local fire restrictions and rules. Please bring your own firewood.
- Barbeques: No
- Picnic tables: Yes
- Swimming: No
- Fishing: No
- Horse riding: No
- Canoeing/Kayaking: No
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Services are following COVID-safe practices and contact data collection.